Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Published at last! I think...

In looking back over my posts and the purpose of this stream-of-consciousness-trying-to-get-published writing journal, I see that I have failed to mark a pivotal moment in my writing career. Two pivotal moments, in fact. And my mind is spinning as to WHY?

Why did I not jump for joy to immortalize that wonderful feeling that had seemed so unattainable and evasive?

Why didn't I take careful stock of my emotions and share my newly-found PAL (Published and Listed) status so coveted by SCBWI members?

Why did I somehow dismiss and diminish my accomplishment?

In October, 2015, Highlights High Five Magazine accepted not only my first poem, but THE first poem I submitted to them! I did a happy dance around the house.

I texted my son and my hubby who both shared my joy. I was finally-technically- a published author!!!! But was I really?

Yesterday, October 22, 2019, I found out that another poem, "Busy Bees" appeared in the April 2019 edition of Highlights Hello Magazine. I had missed my authorial debut! I cannot believe it...

Which begs the question: What does it mean to me to be a published author?

No comments:

Post a Comment