Monday, October 20, 2014

The Revision Process

So my picture book has been A LONG TIME in the making, but it has only been in the last year- make that three months- since I have been working on it seriously. That is to say, since I have taken my dream seriously. I joined a wonderful critique group and have felt "mostly" motivated.
It was not until last week, as I was getting ready for my critique group that I started to think... Every two weeks I print the same 500 word story for review. Everyone else is working on novels of some kind, and every week they provide an exciting, new and different chapter.

Mine is the same story each time, with many of their comments and ideas taken into consideration, then taken out again two weeks later... then possibly added again.
It is very frustrating. And it begs the question- "When is a manuscript ever really finished?"
"When you start changing apples to potatoes," my critique friend informed me.
I guess I am not there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment